Electrical Buyer - Plainview
Description: Experienced Electrical Buyer to join our purchasing team. The successful candidate will be responsible for sourcing materials, managing PO’s, maintaining and negotiating pricing, and managing the electrical inventory for the company.
Location: 35 Fairchild Ave, Plainview, NY 11803
Pay: Salary + Full Benefits
Days/Hours: Monday-Friday, Hours 8am-5pm
- Responsible for purchasing and maintaining all electrical skus and product lines including the creation and management of purchase orders.
- Maintains relationships with suppliers and vendor representatives.
- Negotiates prices and delivery conditions and makes purchases of quantity items in relations to the best purchase price, discount, delivery, MDF, VIR, and cash discount programs. Responsible for communicating negotiations to Executive Director.
- Manages Lot Pricing purchases from start to finish.
- Maintain accurate records of purchases, deliveries, and suppliers.
- Adjusts and solves problems with suppliers and reviews supplier invoices for proper pricing and terms.
- Maintains and/or improves percentage of gross profit margin and service levels established by management.
- Assists in overall inventory management including analyzing and optimizing stock levels, managing price increases, reviewing and moving dead stock, performing vendor returns, and vendor stock refreshes.
- Utilizes and reviews all reports developed and printed for inventory control management and purchasing.
- Attend meetings led by management with vendor reps when discussing purchases of new products or vendor specials and promos.
- Manages and procures current vendor price sheets or product catalogs and distributes them to the proper personnel.
- Creates and maintains several data points within the ERP System.
- 2+ years of experience electrical field or trade.
- 2+ years of experience in purchasing or buying.
- Strong negotiation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of electrical materials, industry standards, and market trends.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY! or email resumes to ChadH@UiSupplies.com